Friday, July 11, 2008

Elijah turns 18 months...

Elijah is 18 months today. My emotions are mixed but mostly I'm happy for both him and his whole family. He is the cutest little boy. It's truly hard to believe that he is a year and a half already. He walks and talks and does everything a little boy like him should. I know this isn't as 'momentous' as a birthday or anything but I still wanna show you how he's grown...








Things have moved on since his birth and sometimes I find myself 'overlooking' what happened. It's not to say that I forget or don't think about it, it's just that he's growing up and so am I. We just happen to be doing it with different families, me with my parents and he with his.
-This fall I'm going to school. I'm following through and one of the major personal reasons for my adoption decision. I know that people change majors all the time but right now I'm leaning towards Elementary Education with a focus on Foreign Language.
-I have a job. I work 40 - 50 hours a week doing Metal work at CompX DuraSlide in Byron Center. I really like working there. The people are great and I usually only work 4 [10 hour] days a week. I'm going to stay there until school starts in September. I might look at changing shifts at that point or finding something little less demanding.

For those of you who have been here with me through it all [you know who you are], Thank You. From some place deep inside my being, I need for you to know that without you I'm not really sure where I would be right now.

Emilie

No comments: